Alzheimer’s and Dementia Home Care for Birmingham Seniors
Taking care of a senior loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia can take its toll on family members. A trained Amada caregiver can help provide support for managing symptoms, thus improving the quality of life for sufferers and their families.
Confronting cognitive challenges or a dementia or Alzheimer’s diagnosis is certainly challenging, even downright gut-wrenching. The most important thing to know is that you are not alone:
- Over 7 million Americans live with Alzheimer’s and dementia every day
- 2 in 10 seniors experience clinical dementia or Alzheimer’s
The good news is that there are many care options for seniors diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or dementia that are designed to improve the quality of life for senior clients and their families, and Amada Senior Care can help.
The Amada Cognitive Care Program is a personalized care program that incorporates routines into our caregiving to help seniors manage their symptoms:
- Medication reminders
- Social interaction and support, including games, discussion topics, and prompts
- Proactively addressing personal care needs, including bathing, dressing, and household maintenance
- Preemptive addressing of stressors
- Cognitive and reminiscence stimulation through guided storytelling
We are partnered directly with community-based memory care programs, including Canterbury Encore and Founders Place at St. Luke’s. And of course, we work tirelessly with long-term care insurance companies like Genworth, and have expertise on funding options through private pay or VA benefits that can help make home care affordable.
Contact us today at 205-208-9466 to see what a difference our senior care expertise and reliable caregivers can make for your aging loved one and family.