Exceptional In-Home Care for Senior Veterans
Many of our nation’s veterans, along with their spouses and families, are not aware of potential eligibility for financial assistance that can help pay for in-home care.
Amada Senior Care is firmly committed to supporting our Central New Jersey veterans. Not only do we believe all seniors deserve reliable, compassionate caregivers and care coordination expertise, but those men and women who have served our country do. We provide personalized in- home care for veterans and the spouses of veterans across the Central New Jersey area, including Belle Mead, Cranbury, Hamilton Square, Hillsborough, Hopewell, Kendall Park, Princeton, Princeton Junction, Rocky Hill, Somerset, and surrounding communities.
We work closely with the Veterans Administration’s excellent team of social workers and case managers. We work hard to make sure veterans get every care hour and benefit for which they are approved, such as respite hours, supplies, and other home health services. At Amada Central NJ, let us support you as a senior veteran needing in-home assistance; count on Amada Central NJ to be your committed guide and resource if you’ve become frustrated with other agencies or other types of arrangements.
How is Aid and Attendance Eligibility Determined?
1. Service in the US Armed Forces
- Minimum service of 90 days of active duty, with at least one of those days during wartime.
- Being honorably discharged.
2. The Veteran’s Personal Care Needs
- The veteran applicant must require assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as dressing, walking, eating, showering, or toileting.
3. Income Status
- The majority of the veteran applicant’s income is being spent on care expenses.
- Benefits received are determined by the percentage of income currently spent on care.
4. Overall Assets
- It is the responsibility of the VA to determine an acceptable threshold for the senior applicant’s assets.
- The VA’s determination of financial assets will depend upon the applicant’s age and financial need.
How VA Aid and Attendance Benefits can Help You
Seniors gain more financial flexibility for their care plans and potential senior living environment through the use of their VA benefits. This may include:
- Additional in-home care.
- The choice of senior living community.
- No repayment required on monthly paid benefits.
- Direct and tax-free payments to claimants by the United States Treasury.
To learn more about Aid and Attendance and other veterans’ benefits, please