Senior Veterans Assistance Programs for Richmond in Virginia
The Veterans Assistance Programs at Amada Senior Care, Richmond are tailored specifically for seniors. We understand the invaluable contributions and sacrifices made by our brave veterans, and our professional care team is dedicated to ensuring veterans receive the support and care they deserve during their golden years.
Whether you are a veteran yourself or are seeking assistance on behalf of a veteran senior, we are here to empower you with knowledge and resources to navigate the multitude of options available.
How Amada Senior Care in Richmond Can Help
Too often, veterans and their spouses or families are unaware of eligibility for financial assistance from the government through the VA. At Amada Senior Care Richmond, we can help our veterans determine eligibility for VA Aid and Attendance benefits, as well as other forms of financial support.
How is Aid and Attendance Eligibility Determined?
- Military Service Requirement
- Applicants must have served at least 90 days of active duty; at least one day of active duty service must have been during wartime.
- Veterans can not have been dishonorably discharged.
- Personal Care Needs Of Applicant
- Veteran applicants must need assistance with ADLs, including walking, eating, dressing, or toileting.
- Applicant Income
- Most of the applicant’s income must currently be spent on care expenses.
- The overall percentage of income currently being spent on senior care or health services will determine the amount and types of benefits received.
- Applicants’ Assets
- The VA is in charge of determining an acceptable threshold for each applicant’s assets.
- The applicant’s age and financial need determine financial assets.
How Can VA Aid and Attendance Benefits Help Richmond, VA Seniors With Their Care Needs?
VA benefits can be utilized to help veteran seniors gain more financial flexibility, allowing them to have more choices in their potential placements and care plans. Options may include:
- Getting to live in the senior living community of their choice.
- Receiving more in-home care services.
- Having health care benefits that are paid monthly with no repayment required.
- Receiving home care benefits that are paid directly by the United States Treasury on a tax-free basis.
“Jay and his team did an excellent job of assisting my father in his desire to stay independent. As one of Jay’s first clients, he developed a friendship with Jay and his staff which allowed them to help in ways that he would not allow others to assist. Even after his passing Jay offered assistance and guidance that was invaluable to our family. Definitely a five star company!” – Val. W.
Learn More About Aid Attendance and Other Benefits for Veterans
At Amada, Richmond, our care team is passionate about supporting seniors and their families throughout their senior home care journey. To learn more about Aid Attendance and other benefits for veterans, please click here for a Free Veteran’s Care Needs Consultation.