Caregiver Support for a Loved One Following Orthopedic Surgery
Do you or someone you love need in-home while recovering from orthopedic surgery? Amada caregivers have the training and compassion to assist orthopedic patients at home as they heal and get stronger.
When the responsibility for caring for a senior loved one who has experienced an orthopedic surgery falls on your shoulders, having the right resources and support system can make all the difference in the world.
That’s why Amada Senior Care offers caregivers who are specially trained to provide home care for patients who are recovering from orthopedic surgery. Because of their training, Amada Senior Care caregivers:
- Know how difficult it can be to accept new limitations and open their home to a stranger, and that showing compassion and really connecting with their clients can make the changes easier.
- Respectfully provide personalized and timely assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), like bathing/dressing, light housekeeping, shopping/errands, preparing meals/feeding, and toileting.
- Understand how to give exercise/walking/ambulating assistance, medication reminders, and other nonmedical help.
- Take the time to listen and learn about each client’s desires and preferences.
- Do whatever they can to just lighten the load and help seniors feel more comfortable and independent.
The care coordination team at Amada Birmingham meets with the senior client and their loved ones, and any involved medical professionals to generate a personalized plan of home care. Senior clients and their families can also call on us to facilitate transportation back into the home environment, which includes performing an in-home safety assessment in advance. With the permission of our senior client, we’ll share status updates with the discharging community’s medical professionals once the post-surgery program has been completed.
At Amada Senior Care Birmingham, we understand that the uncertainty around the post-surgery recovery process can be destabilizing, which is why our caregiving team is dedicated to providing direction and stability during this critical time. Let us alleviate your stress when you need it most by working with all involved parties to create a home care plan that suits your unique situation. Call us today to speak to an Amada patient care coordinator and enjoy peace of mind knowing you’re on the path to a successful recovery.
If you’re looking for in-home care either for yourself or a loved one who went through an orthopedic surgery, please call us today at 205-208-9466 for a Free Needs Consultation. We want you to enjoy peace of mind knowing you’re on the path to a successful recovery.